Struggling to put on quality meetings with low membership?
Here are some tips to improve meeting quality and de-stress your members
- Eliminate roles
- Only Toastmaster, Speaker, Evaluator, Timer required.
- Add roles according to the number of members attending.
- Use round-robins
- Let everyone comment on the whole meeting (General Evaluation). It provides better feedback and build consensus
- Have each person answer a Table Topic and then come up with a question to ask someone else.
- Find Toastmasters from other clubs to attend as “Friends” of your club while you build your membership
- Invite Toastmasters from other clubs or your Area Director to present or evaluate
- Let other clubs know you are willing to let their members speak. In some clubs it is hard to get a speaking spot or members want to polish their speech by presenting elsewhere.
- Hold joint meetings with other clubs once in awhile
- See how they operate.
- Get to know them and work together to achieve excellence in both clubs.