Take Your Leadership to the Next Level
The District Leadership Committee (DLC) is seeking Nominations for the 2019-20 District term
July 1, 2019 – June 30, 2020 for the following elected positions:
- District Director
- Program Quality Director
- Club Growth Director
- Division Directors: A, B, C, D, E, F, G
The following positions are appointed by the District Director and open for nomination for the District term July 1, 2019 – June 30, 2020:
- Administration Manager
- Finance Manager
- Public Relations Manager
- Area Directors (34 positions)
See descriptions at Toastmasters International
For a comprehensive list of competencies for each role, please download this PDF document.
Serving as a District Officer is a requirement to achieving the Distinguished Toastmaster award. Any of the positions listed above qualify when served for a full one year term.
Want to learn more about what’s involved? Access the District 99 District Leadership Committee Handbook.
Consider moving beyond your club to take on the role of Area Director. Successfully completing a full term (one year) is one of the criteria for the Advanced Leader Silver (ALS) designation. The Area Director is the direct liaison between the district and the clubs and is responsible for leading the area by serving the needs of the clubs.
- They must first know the needs of the club by conducting club visits (at least twice a year) and organizing Area Council meetings (at least twice a year).
- The Area Director motivates and assists the clubs to become Distinguished and is responsible for holding Area Speech Contests.
- The Area Director receives support from their Division Director through mentoring and attending Division Council meetings (at least twice a year) as well as District sponsored training events in May, Sep & Feb and monthly All Leader Calls.
- Area Directors report progress of their area clubs to the District leaders through reports presented at Division Council Meetings and Area Director Visit reports submitted through Toastmasters International.
Deadline for candidates to declare intent to run is Friday February 8, 2019. Candidate interviews by the District Leadership Committee will be held by phone during February.
Election of Officers will take place at the District Council meeting at the Spring Convention May 4th, 2019 in Edmonton. For further information please contact IPDD Donald Zurakowski DTM, firstname.lastname@example.org