The area director role gives you excellent leadership experience that you can add to your resume as you look to expand your role in any organization. As the first point of contact and support between clubs and the district, you get to exercise and strengthen your leadership skills in a positive and supportive environment. Some of the specific benefits you’ll gain:
- Improve on your collaboration and problem solving skill as you support and work with 4-6 clubs to achieve their goals.
- Build your conflict resolution skills as you help clubs navigate through personality conflicts.
- Grow your team-building skills as your form relationships with club executives and work with them to ensure their clubs remain healthy.
- Connect and grow your network as you meet and work with members from multiple clubs and other leaders from the district.
- Develop top notch organizing and event-planning skills as you work with clubs and the district to coordinate area meetings, area contests, educational workshops and other events to support your clubs.
- Give back – to community and Toastmasters members working to grow their communication and leadership skills.
To apply for or enquire on this role – send email to
Articles: Shine as an area director
The Webmaster assists the District Director and other district leaders with updates to the District website. The webmaster plays an important role in maintaining the website. Performing this role gives the webmaster the opportunity of exposure to many of the facets of the district leadership activities. This is a great opportunity to give back to the community in service to the members of the district. Experience with WordPress is an asset.